- Vision & Mission
- Image Gallery
- Contact us
- RTI Act
- RTI Act Report
- Gandhian Study Centre
- Calendar and Magazine
- Job Placements
- IQAC Annual Reports
- Exam Results
- Rank List
- Rules And Regulations
- Centre For Research
Faculty and Campus
Clubs and their Activities
|Commerce Club||Mr. Ramesh K.|
|IT Club||Dr. Vishwanath Pai M.|
|Science Club||Mrs. Usharani S. Suvarna|
|Arts Club||Mrs. H.S. Jayashree|
|Literary & Fine Arts Club||Mrs. Vasumathi Bhat|
|Yakshagana and Nataka Ranga||Dr. Puthi Vasanthkumar|
|Eco Club||Mrs. Vinodini B.|
|Photography Club||Mr. Suchith Kotian|
|Philately Club||Ms. Adithi|
Started in the year 2001, the main objectives of the IT Club are information exchange, personality developement and familiarizing with the IT. The club meets once a week. The activities are designed and organized by the student members.
- Students seminars
- Guest lectures
- IT workshop
- Information enriching games - quizes, group discussions
- Career guidance sessions
- Mock interviews
- Magazine - published in the computer lab by students
- Organizing Campus interviews
Objective:- to cultivate scientific attitude towards life and humanity.
Science Club is managed by a staff advisor with a team of science faculty and a student secretary.
It undertakes the following activities
- Arranging lectures by
- Eminent Scientists and others.
- Alumni who have made a name in their respective careers.
- Organizing seminars and awareness programmes on current scientific topics.
- Conducting inter collegiate competitions
- Conducting science exhibitions.
This club was earlier known as Humanities club. Its members consist of students from Arts subjects.
- Organizing talks, seminars, workshops etc. on subjects connected with humanities
- Organizing field works such as study of temples, industries etc.
- Organizing competitions for students in debates, quiz, elocution competitions etc. on arts subjects
- Organizing visits to important institutions
- Providing students opportunities for self development
- Encouraging students to develop organizational and leadership skills
- Enabling students to update their knowledge
The club is in charge of two staff advisors from arts departments. The activities of the club are managed by the secretary chosen from among arts students.
Literary Club & Fine Arts Club
It has been functioning since the beginning of the college. Mr. Ravi Bhat, a student, who had been the secretary of the club took the club to great heights. Mr. Muralidhar, a flute, keyboard, tabla specialist won great laurels for the club.
- The club arranges serious music concerts by eminent musicians in collaboration with the organization Ragadhana.
- In the evenings Lecture demonstrations on music and dance recitals are held.
- Debates on education, literacy, recent political scenario etc. are conducted.
- Light music classes - Bhavageetha, Devaranama etc are arranged by Prof. V. A. Hebbar.
- Students are encouraged to participate in various other cultural activities
The club organizes many inter-class and inter college competitions such as
- Essay writing in Kannada, Hindi and English
- Muddana Memorial Kannada Essay.
- Elocution in Kannada, Hindi and English.
- Sanskrit recitation
- Quiz in English
- Drawing and Painting competitions.
Yakshagana and Nataka Ranga
It was active for many years. Our students under the direction of many NSD scholars used to stage dramas and get insigts about performance in the drama. It was vibrant during the tennure of known director Dr. Jayaprakash Mavinakuli as Principal of MGM College. He was instrumental in giving opportunity of staging plots like "Mrichakatika", etc by the students of our college.
The members of the club meet frequently. Now the it is active under the direction of Dr. Putti Vasanta Kumar, faculty in the Kannada Department and known name in the field of dramatics and literature.